Why it is important to attend
Our planet faces massive economic, social, and environmental challenges. To deal with these, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) define global priorities and aspirations for 2030. Promoted by the United Nations, Governments worldwide have already agreed to these goals. Now it is time for business organizations to contribute to make SDGs happen by identifying and executing sustainable strategies as key drivers of their visions and business models, as well as to reflect on the partnerships for the SDGs.
What will be discussed
This workshop intends to build on some of the early experiences and offer an opportunity to discuss the way in which business organisations can rethink their management processes, accounting tools and reporting solutions, as they strive for both competitiveness and growth while contributing to the achievement of the SDGs, and long-term value creation more broadly.
Building on the emerging concept of Integrated Thinking, the issues discussed will include:
- Alignment among business objectives, SDGs and the value chain;
- Collaboration between Finance and Sustainability units;
- Identifications of performance, KPIs and trade-offs;
- Difference between Strategies of Sustainability and Sustainable Strategies;
- Communication of the performance achieved through business reporting;
- Connections among SDGs, business model e processes of innovation;
- Impact of the SDGs on materiality, connectivity, and stakeholder engagement;
- The role of the board in the implementation of Integrated Thinking;
- partnerships for the SDGs.